The membership categories granted by SBC are: Founder, Effective, Effective ACM Member, Student, Student ACM Member, Undergraduate Basic Student, Honorary and Institutional Member.
- Founders: are those that signed the minutes of the assembly of SBC foundation or registered within 90 days;
- Effective Members: are all those that work in Computing or related area that agree with SBC goals and wish to contribute to their accomplishment;
- Effective ACM Members: enjoy the benefits of the cooperation signed between these two societies, ACM and SBC;
- Student Members: are undergraduate or graduate students;
- ACM Student Members: enjoy the benefits of the cooperation signed between ACM and SBC;
- Basic Undergraduate Student Members: are students of undergraduate courses that enjoy the benefits of Student Members but do not receive paper copy of the publications;
- Honorary Members: are individuals or legal entities that receive this title from the Board of Directors, with the Executive Committee approval, due to their relevant services to the Brazilian Computing;
- Institutional Members: legal entities that agree with SBC goals and wish to contribute to their accomplishment. This category is divided in two modalities: Member or Institutional Subscriptor;
- Institutional Subscriptor A, B or C: are member institutions that made a choice for the subscription of both annals of events and the magazines issued by SBC.